PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
www.thebtas.co.uk is a site operated by Just Eat.co.uk Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 04656315 and have our registered office at Masters House, 107 Hammersmith Road, London W14 0QH. Our VAT number is GB 945 7192 91. We are a limited company.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE
We may update the Website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE
The Website is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
VOTING ON THE WEBSITE
The Website offers users the opportunity to vote for their favourite takeaway restaurants in the United Kingdom. You can vote by entering your name, email address and the details of the restaurant you want to vote for on the form on the Website. This is the only voting mechanism and is available without charge. When you vote you will be automatically entered into a prize draw to win a cash prize of £1000.
Voting opens on 19 August 2019 at 06:00 and closes at midnight on 20 September 2019. Any votes cast outside of these times will not be counted.
The five takeaways which receive the highest number of votes in each of 13 regions in the United Kingdom will be placed on the shortlist. All restaurants on the shortlist will be mystery shopped by an independent third party between 4 October 2019 and 16 September 2019 and three finalists per region will be selected by the judges based on the voting and mystery shopping score.
The regions are as follows:
- Northern Ireland
- South West
- South East
- West Midlands
- East Midlands
- North West
- North East
- Yorkshire; Humber
- North London
- South London
The Best Takeaway in Britain will be selected by the judges from the 13 regional winners and will be the overall Grand Prix winner.
All personal data that we collect from you will be handled in accordance with our PrivacyPolicy.
You may only vote once. If you attempt to vote more than once then you will be disqualified and none of your votes will count.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on the Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Website. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide the Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We do not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
LINKING TO THE WEBSITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the Website in any website that is not owned by you.
The Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN THE WEBSITE
Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
The British Takeaway Awards logo is subject to a pending trade mark application.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to Just Eat.co.uk Ltd at Imperial Place (IP4), Maxwell Road, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 1JN
BRITAINS #1 TAKEAWAY FAN
1. To enter this competition you must visit vote.thebtas.co.uk and provide your details along with an explanation as to why you are the UK’s #1 Takeaway fan.
2. The competition will run from 00:00 on 12th September 2019 until 00:00 on the 20th September 2019.
3. The competition is open to individual residents of the UK aged 18 or over, except employees of Just Eat.co.uk Ltd (“Just Eat”), their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, or anyone connected with the competition.
4. The winner(s) will be chosen by judge Ainsley Harriott on 25th November 2019 from all eligible entries received prior to the close of the competition. The winner will be notified by email or phone within 5 working days from winner being decided. The winner will also be approached by Just Eat to discuss the participation in further promotional activities in connection with their entry.
5. The prize(s) is (are): A free takeaway every month for a year, this will be presented as a £500 voucher code; a trip to the destination of their favourite cuisine, this will be presented in the form of £2000 Thomas Cook vouchers; and a trophy. Just Eat’s standard terms and conditions for use of vouchers will apply. https://www.just-eat.co.uk/termsandconditions#ii.just-eat-voucher-terms-conditions.
6. The winner(s) will be responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out, including any expenses and arrangements involved in collecting and using the prize(s), and in accordance with these terms and conditions. Prizes are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable, redeemable, or transferable for cash under any circumstances. Prizes are subject to availability and Just Eat reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal value.
7. Just Eat reserves the right to reject any entries, including inappropriate entries or entries that do not enter into the spirit of the competition, for any reason at its sole discretion.
8. Just Eat reserves the right to withdraw the competition at any time without prior written notice and/or to alter or amend these terms and conditions at any time.
9. The promoter of this competition is Just Eat.co.uk Limited, Imperial Place (IP4), 3rd Floor, Maxwell Road, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire WD6 1JN.
10. Just Eat’s decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. By submitting an entry, you grant Just Eat a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such entry in any and all media or distribution methods whether now known or later developed.
13. Submitting an entry as described above will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
14. All standard terms and conditions from time to time for use of Just Eat’s website and services apply for further information please go to: https://www.just-eat.co.uk/termsandconditions.
15. These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim (including a non-contractual dispute or claim) arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.